In this class, blockers and jammers will learn techniques to work together to score more points for their team. Topics will include assists, clears, feeding and strategic timing. Participants will learn to improve their communication skills through non-verbal cues to improve the execution of offensive strategies.
In sports, offense, also known as attack, is the action of attacking or engaging an opposing team with the objective of scoring points or goals.
Blocking Techniques (Clears)
- Any action that keeps an opponent from defending against your jammer
- Lock them up w/ little effort
- Need to be able to stay on your feet and move on to next clear
- Want the clear to last long enough to get her past, jammer needs to follow closely
- Annoying & sticky blocking usually works best as opposed to striking
- Assists paired with clears are the best offense you can offer
- Assists coming out of the pack = Very Good!
- Assists into opponents = No bueno
- Many types of assists: whips, bumps, booty train
Blockers and Jammers Working Together
- Jammers are delicious bate and make blockers more predictable
- Your jammer can help set up the clears
- Timing a fake with a clear = POWEE!
- Standing still practicing annoying sticky techniques
- Rolling clears
- Rolling clears with assist
- Rolling clears, two man wall
- Jammer Bait – Use jammer as target, jammer looks for clear to change directions
- Booty Train – Jammer rides blocker, jammer skates too (brings gas money)
Contributing Photographer: Alda Tenorio